Melt TV | Episode 263 | The Business Of Sports: What’s Next?

melt, May 28, 2024

How can brands win the INR 15,766 CR Indian sports industry?

Melt talks about the business of sports with Vinit Karnik, the Head of Sports, E-Sports and Entertainment at GroupM ESP.

We’re discussing GroupM ESP’s annual Sporting Nation report. The good news – the sports industry in India saw a remarkable 11% surge in 2023 over the previous year, to record a total revenue of INR 15,766 crores. But no surprises, 87% of those spends come from cricket, with all other sports contributing to the remaining 13%.

Watch the full episode to know how brands can make the most out of a cluttered cricket market? Is there value to an E-Sports sponsorship? And what exactly are participative sports?