Here is your daily round-up of the news that matters in the marketing, media and advertising world, brewed hot & fresh in just 60 seconds:
- Microsoft Advertising ropes in Nick Seckold as VP of ad sales for Asia Pacific
Microsoft Advertising has appointed Nick Seckold as regional vice president of Asia Pacific Sales, as reported by Mumbrellaasia. Seckold was previously with iProspect, DAN’s marketing performance agency as the Managing Director.
2. Gulf Oil appoints Leo Burnett as first global ad agency
Gulf Oil has appointed Leo Burnett as its first global advertising agency, according to a report in The Drum. The account will be managed from Leo Burnett’s London office.
3. Trivago’s Abhinav Kumar joins Paytm as VP-Product Marketing
Paytm has roped in Abhinav Kumar, who became popular as the face of Trivago, as the Vice President Product Marketing. He replaces Deepak Abbot who will leave the company after three years.
4. Facebook bags exclusive digital rights for ICC Cricket events
Facebook has partnered with the International Cricket Council to become the latter’s exclusive digital content rights partner for ICC global events in the Indian sub-continent. The association allows Facebook to carry post-match recaps throughout the rest of the world till 2023.
5. YouTube introduces updated filtering system for comments section
YouTube has introduced an updated filtering system for managing comment sections. The goal is to make it easier for creators to find questions and separate comments by subscriber count.