Here is your daily round-up of the news that matters in the marketing, media and advertising world, brewed hot & fresh in just 60 seconds:
Today’s Top News:
- Keith Weed to join WPP board
WPP ropes in former Unilever CMO Keith Weed in its board as a non-executive director. It will be effective from November 1. He retired from Unilever this May.
- Instagram puts rules on weight-loss and cosmetic surgery posts Instagram will restrict people under 18 from seeing posts promoting weight loss products or cosmetic surgery as part of its new policy, according to The Verge. The policy, applicable to both Facebook and Instagram, targets a rapidly growing and controversial sect of influencer marketing. This is part of Instagram’s objective to make the platform ‘a positive place for everyone.’
- Viacom18 to launch Colors Telegu on Voot Viacom18 will launch Colors Telugu as a digital entity on its streaming platform Voot instead of the usual linear television channel, according to The Economic Times Report. It will go live on September 23.
- Deepa Balji moves from Publicis Groupe to S4 Capital S4 Capital appoints Deepa Balji as the marketing communications director for APAC, as reported by Mumbrella Asia. She moves from Publicis Groupe where she was executive director marketing and communications for APAC and the Middle East.
- Apple’s communications head quits Steve Dowling, who has headed Apple’s communications for the last five years, is making an exit. He will stay at Apple till October end.